What do you do when you’re stuck in a rut, disenchanted with your job and don’t know what to do or how to solve the problem? There are always choices and those choices may be to find a new job or create your own job. Realistically though, for many, these choices may not be possible in the short term. In the meantime, here are 5 ways to improve your current situation:
· Seek out a mentor – find someone in your workplace or someone external to help you, guide you and develop you into a better version of who you want to be
· Do better work – ask yourself, are you really doing the best work you can? Let go of the negatives you are currently focusing on and simply strive to become better at what you were hired to do. You can bring back a sense of fulfillment in simply achieving great results.
· Up-skill – find a skill or a task to get better at, and give it everything. Use whatever opportunity you have in the present, to gather skills which may serve you in the future
· Use your current situation as a launch pad for the next step – you may not being doing your life’s work right now, but look at your current job as a means to an end while you search for the next opportunity.
· Practice gratitude – for the fact that you can pay your bills and put food on the table. Many people do not have this privilege.
· Do something for someone else in your company. Helping others is a proven way to lift your spirits.