Many things appear impossible, until he who believes it is possible, tries.
· Prior to 1875, swimming across the English Chanel was thought to be impossible… Until Captain Matthew Webb achieved the feat.
· Prior to 1903, no-one believed that it was possible for human beings to fly… Until the Wright brothers took to the sky.
· Prior to 1953, conquering the ‘roof of the world’ by climbing to the summit of Mt Everest was considered impossible after numerous failed attempts by ambitious climbers… Until Edmund Hilary and Tenzing Norgay conquered the mountain.
· Prior to 1954, the athletics world believed no-one could run the mile in under 4 minutes… Until Roger Banister did it.
· Prior to 1969, man landing on the moon was a pipe dream… Until Neil Armstrong and the crew of Apollo 11 took those famous first steps.
“It always seems impossible, until it’s done” – Nelson Mandela